What is Balance Imaging Solutions?
Balance Imaging Solutions is a privately owned company by Deborah Rumple and James Rumple based in St. Mary’s county, Maryland. Our facility has operated as Congressional Information Services (CIS) since 1985.
The company is focused on simplifying document and information management needs to make your operation more productive and save you money. We will assign a dedicated team to your project who are knowledgeable, responsive, and flexible. We have decades of experience producing high quality digital collections from original sources nationwide. Together with our staff, our state-of-the-art equipment and the Lean Manufacturing approach we assure quality, value and timely completion of your projects.
What is the i780 Kodak Scanner?
What is the Kirtas Scanner?
The Kirtas scanner is used to scan books and bound documents. You can find more information about the scanner here.
What is the Magnum G600 scanner?
We use the Magnum G600 scanner to scan wide format documents. You can find more information about the scanner here.
What is the ScanStation FS300?
Why should I scan my documents?
There are 5 major reasons to scan your documents.
Money & Space Saving
Convert your room full of boxes to a digitized document. Hence, repurposing your space for more revenue generating activities.
Digitizing old document halts the aging process and preserves your legacy data.
Access information in seconds instead of spending hours and or days searching through files.
You can simultaneously share and collaborate on information. This leads to a timelier and better decision making, as well as fewer redundant documents.
Security and Compliance
Data can be encrypted and secured in ways that you cannot secure paper documents. Access can also be easily tracked and reported to compliance agencies.
What can you scan?
How will you scan my documents?
Depending on the documents you have, we have multiple ways to scan them. We offer:
- Destructive Scanning: This is used on bound documents you don’t mind us taking apart to scan.
- Paper Scanning: This is for scanning pages smaller then 12″ x 40″.
- Non-Destructive Scanning: This is for when you would like to keep your bound document together.
- Wide Format Scanning: This is for documents larger then 12″ x 40″ such as blueprints, maps, or posters.
- Microfiche Scanning: This is for scanning your microfiche.
What method is best to scan my documents?
While the choice might be easy for documents that only have one choice such as lose paper, wide format, or microfiche. For bound documents we give you three options.
- Destructive Scanning: If you have no use for the document after scanning this a great option.
- Destructive Scanning w/ Option to Re-Bind: Depending on how your document is bound, after we finish scanning, we can rebind it with the original binding or our own.
- Non-Destructive Scanning: If you would like to keep the bind on your document and returned you in the same condition we receive it, this is your best option.
What is Destructive scanning?
Destructive scanning is used on books and bound documents you don’t mind us taking apart. The biggest reason for us to do this is so that when can scan the pages faster and at a better quality on the i780 Kodak Scanner.
What is Non-Destructive scanning?
Non-Destructive scanning is used on books and bound documents you would like to keep intact. Scanning is slower and some information in the gutter might get cut off. We use the Kirtas scanner to do this.
What is Paper scanning?
Paper scanning is simply the scanning of any loose pages smaller then 12″ x 40″. This is that fastest scanning we offer. We use the i780 Kodak Scanner to do this.
What is Wide Format scanning?
Wide format scanning is used for documents larger then 12″ x 40″. Such as blueprints, maps or posters. We use the Magnum G600 to do this.
Why should I convert my documents to PDF?
There are four main reasons to convert your documents to PDF.
- Smaller file size while keeping a high quality image.
- Higher shareability from a format with a free viewer anyone can download.
- Text can be made searchable to allow easy access to your documents information.
- You can also secure your document with password protection or limit user access.